Fitness Boxing at Morrison Boxing
Fitness Boxing at Morrison Boxing is “The Ideal Exercise Program”
Train Like a Boxer Without the Contact of Sparring
Success in any fitness program is an elusive moving target. There are many people out there who continuously take aim. However, few consistently achieve a solid hit, when it comes to their fitness goals. Success demands focus, balance, consistency and discipline. It also requires the ability and dedication to continuously overcome obstacles and is best achieved with the aid of an experienced coach/trainer.
If you are interested in beginning an exercise program but dread the boring repetition required by most fitness regimes you should consider Fitness Boxing at the Morrison Boxing & Kickboxing Gym. Small classes, hands on individual instruction in every class and skilled trainers will help you reach your fitness goals in a non-competitive environment. Unlike most machine based fitness programs Fitness Boxing will help you develop better posture, increase your agility, improve your balance and aid in developing increased core body strength.
Classes can be arranged to begin throughout the day to meet your schedule. Morning, noon and afternoon sessions are available.
Why Fitness Boxing?
“Boxing is a superior workout …a boxing workout is the perfect combination of cardiovascular and muscle training. You’ll burn more calories, build more stamina, develop and tone more muscle in a boxing workout than you will with any other training method. A boxing workout is the best of all worlds…unlike running and biking, which do little for the muscles above the waist, boxing works both the upper and lower body and because it uses many muscle groups, it is less likely to cause overuse injuries.” Dr. Joseph Estwanik, Sports Medicine Specialist
Fitness Boxing is a whole body workout that meets the above criteria and more. It takes the best aspects of workouts used by some of the world’s most finely conditioned athletes; boxers, and combines them into a fitness program that is safe for the mainstream population. In other words, with Fitness Boxing, you train like a boxer in everything but full contact sparring. The only competition you will face is with yourself.
Remaining injury free while improving total body fitness is one of the major benefits of our Fitness Boxing program.
Training is individualized. Each client is led through a program designed to start at the fitness level he or she brings to the gym. Our program provides the benefits of a personal trainer without the high cost associated with personal trainers. A typical session is broken down into several carefully designed components to ensure a total body workout. Our coaches will adjust the intensity and pace of your workout to match your current abilities and “gently” push you to achieve optimal results.
Fitness Boxing sessions are approximately 70 minutes in length
• Warm-up – We begin with a complete head to toe warm-up and stretch routine. Its purpose is to safely prepare your muscles and tendons for the rest of the session. Approximately 15 minutes.
• Conditioning & Strength – This is the transition from warm-up into some boxing specific strength and conditioning exercises. These are exercises that emphasize muscular strength and endurance, speed, tone and anaerobic conditioning and are done both with and without weights depending on your fitness level. Approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
• Technique – One to two new offensive or defensive techniques are introduced in each session. The objective is to develop sound bio-mechanics starting with the basics, such as fundamental punches i.e. jabs and straight rights as well as balance, agility and footwork. As your skills grow you will move on to more complex combinations and defensive maneuvers, effective tactics and strategy. Approximately 10 minutes. (3 rounds)
• Punching Drills – These are the heart of the workout. Timed rounds are employed in a circuit training format that works everything from focus mitts to speed bags and double-end bags to heavy bags and more. This is highly anaerobic, involving three minute rounds (work intervals) interspersed with one minute active recovery periods. After a series of these rounds, you will be refreshingly exhausted, de-stressed and invigorated. Approximately 15-30 minutes. (5-7 rounds)
• Cool Down – This gets your heart rate down while you stretch out and improve your flexibility. It can also serve as a Q&A and planning session with your instructor. Approximately 5 minutes.